UMD School of Music

QNA

University of Maryland BM TOEFL requirement

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일13-10-17 12:03 조회5,052회 댓글0건

본문

학교에 문의하는 것이 가장 정확합니다. 보낸 편지와 학교에서 답변 받은 내용을 전문 게재합니다. 참조하세요.

Dear admissions officer,

My name is Kathleen, BM prospective student from Korea, and I am writing to you because I have a question to ask on your TOEFL requirement.

Based on your international student website, you grant a conditional admission to the students whose TOEFL score between 84 and 99. On the other hand, your school of music website says that the minimum required TOEFL score is 100, and you will not process the application or schedule for an audition if the student does not have a passing TOEFL score. Which one applies to me?

I currently have a TOEFL score of mid 90’s and I will take another TOEFL in near future. Do I have to submit the score of 100 or above by the deadline or do I have other choice? Your advice on this matter at your earliest convenience will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Very truly yours,
Kathleen Y. Kim, prospective BM student

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your email and interest! Given that you are applying for an undergraduate degree, as long as you meet the University's requirements (TOEFL score between 84-99), we (the School of Music) will process your application and schedule you for an audition. In other words, with your current TOEFL score being in the mid 90's, you would be eligible to apply to our program without having to retake the exam. Please just make sure that you submit all applicable materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best,
Jennifer Lee
Music Admissions musicadmissions@umd.edu

> > > Cello 전공의 미국에서 공부하는 12학년 학생입니다. Maryland 주립대학에 BM 과정으로 지원하려고 하는데, 국제학생 입학요강에 보면 TOEFL 점수 84-99는 semi-intensive 과정 ESL을 듣는 조건으로 조건부 입학이 가능하다고 나와 있고, 음대 입학요강에는 미니멈 100점을 제출하지 못하면 오디션조차 볼 수 없다고 나왔는데, 어느 것이 맞나요? 학교에 메일 보내면 답을 줄까요? 저는 90점 대 중반의 토플점수를 가지고 있습니다. >

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.