Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

Re: 대학원 졸업생의 서울 오디션

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일18-09-03 14:13 조회15,216회 댓글0건

본문

안녕하세요, 회원님. 뮤직에임에 질문 주셔서 감사합니다. 저도 질문을 받고, 석연치 않은 부분이 있어서 이번 오디션에 참가하는 네 학교들의 담당자들에게 문의를 했습니다. 다행히 네 학교 담당자들에게 회신을 받았기에 받은 편지 전문을 게재합니다. 도움이 되었으면 좋겠습니다.

From Michael Manderen, Oberlin Conservatory

Hello Kathleen,

You are more than welcome to audition for us while we are there in Seoul.  It is a good opportunity to be heard easily by four excellent US institutions.  It is vastly preferable to audition in this manner, if the alternative is simply by recorded audition, self-prepared and submitted.  Our faculty value hearing an audition "in the moment", as opposed to one that can be started and stopped and repeated until "perfected."

Oberlin's audition requirements for advanced level study in our Artist Diploma (which could be a very good choice for you) are as follows:

Screening Requirements for Artist Diploma

first movement of a Mozart concerto with cadenza

• one Paganini caprice
  • first two movements from any Bach solo sonata or the Chaconne from the D minor Sonata
  • one piece written after 1940
  • first movement from a standard 19th or 20th century concerto (for Shostakovich's Concerto No. 1 Op. 77, choose a fast movement)

Final Audition Requirements for Artist Diploma

first movement of a Mozart concerto with cadenza

• one Paganini caprice
  • first two movements from any Bach solo sonata or the Chaconne from the D minor Sonata
  • one piece written after 1940
  • complete 19th or 20th century concerto

It is quite an extensive audition, and, if you take the Seoul audition it is likely that you will want to supplement what we record with additional material, no later than February 15, unless you pass screening and decide you wish to be heard for final audition on campus at Oberlin.

Please see details listed on two attachments, as well as outlined here:  http://usaschoolsofmusic.com/

While a DMA might be an obvious choice for you, you will likely have to come to campus if you pass screening for a final audition/interview at most schools offering such.  You may also wish to consider auditioning as well for graduate/post graduate level study in a Professional Studies program or Performance or Artist Diploma program.  The schools will likely review the Seoul audition as screening, and let you know by end of December early January what your options are regarding a final audition/review.

Best wishes,

Michael Manderen

From Jason Lawrence, San Francisco Conservatory of Music

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for reaching out with your questions about applying for advanced degree and diploma programs in the U.S.

You should consider applying for SFCM's Artist Certificate in Chamber Music(two years) or the Professional Studies Diploma (one year) programs. These programs offer intensive performance opportunities for advanced classical musicians.

You could audition for admission to the PSD in violin (and the concertmaster violin track) at the regional audition in Seoul. However, you would not be able to audition in Seoul for the Artist Certificate in Chamber Music because that program requires prescreening and a live audition at SFCM.

Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns I can help you with.

Best,

Jason

From Amanda Hosking, Mannes, the New School for Music

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you so much for reaching out.  At the moment, we don’t offer a DMA program, so if you were to audition, it would be for our 2 year Professional Diploma Program.  You can learn more about our program and our faculty, and if you decide to audition, our requirements.  You are welcome to attend the auditions, I will be there in person, and I will be bringing recordings back for our faculty to review.   Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,

Amanda Hosking

From Claire Paik, Hartt School of University of Hartford

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for your interest in The Hartt School!  

We would be happy to have you apply as a DMA applicant.  Another option might be the AD (Artist Diploma); this program is for the most advanced performers and has fewer academic requirements than the DMA.

If you wanted to meet us in Seoul, please note that the audition would count as prescreening for both programs (the DMA and AD).  Students who pass the preliminary review will be invited to audition on our campus.  DMA applicants must also take entrance exams for admission.

Otherwise, you may send us a video for the prescreening.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Claire Paik

Recruiting Coordinator, Hartt Admissions

University of Hartford

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.